I began to serve as the preacher at Berryton United Methodist Church in 2018. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the church and community. My wife, Nicole, is also a United Methodist pastor and serves in the Great Plains Annual Conference office. We have two children who go to Berryton Elementary School. I am passionate about equipping individuals and organizations to take the next faithful step in their life with God and each other. I enjoy running, baking bread, and yard work. You can find more of my writing at AndrewConard.com and follow me on Facebook or Instagram. Here is a bit more of my background.
- Preacher, Berryton United Methodist Church – 2018-Present
- Board of Ordained Ministry, Great Plains Conference – 2012-Present
- As part of the Executive Team of the Board of Ordained Ministry during the formation and early years of the Great Plains Conference, I helped shape the vision and culture of the Board for our years ahead. I continue to serve with a passion for identifying and nurturing leaders and a commitment to maintain standards of excellence for clergy.
- Preacher, First United Methodist Church of El Dorado – 2012-2018
- As the preacher at First UMC El Dorado, I designed and executed a multi-year strategic plan which resulted in the development of a discipleship pathway to more deeply engage people in the life of faith, a capital campaign for 1.75 times our annual operating budget to renovate of our 1920s era sanctuary, and increased our organizational health through volunteer and staff development.
- Associate West Campus Pastor, Church of the Resurrection – 2011-12
- As the first associate campus pastor at Resurrection West, a regional campus of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, I had responsibility for missions, children’s ministry, pastoral care and worship leadership as the congregation transitioned from meeting in a middle school to worship in their first building.
- Online Campus Pastor, Church of the Resurrection – 2008-11
- As the first Online Campus pastor in the United Methodist Church, I offered theological and strategic leadership that shaped the framework for Resurrection Online which grew from 200 people on the first Sunday to averaging over 1,600 each week. I also lead the development and pilot testing of micro churches facilitated through the online worship experience.
- Leawood Congregational Care Pastor, Church of the Resurrection – 2006-08
- As the primary care pastor for a segment of the Leawood campus, I offered pastoral care and guidance to over 1,500 families, as well as helping to invite, connect and sustain lay volunteers to provide care. I officiated at numerous weddings and funerals, taught small groups and was the pastoral leader on the launch team for the first video venue worship service at the Leawood campus.
Training and Education
- Advancing Pastoral Leadership – Cohort 6
- This program is designed to develop the capacity for strategic congregational leadership through an intentional, long-term process of leadership formation and development and the opportunity to serve important missional appointments.
- Kansas Leadership Center – Level 1 Certification
- This certification is earned by completing 100 hours of rigorous training, practice, and feedback in coaching and leadership principles designed to help communities and organizations make progress on their most daunting challenges.
- Lewis Center for Church Leadership – Lewis Fellows 7
- The Lewis Fellows program is a post-graduate, post-ordination leadership development opportunity which brings together outstanding young clergy persons for intensive leadership development activities and sustained peer interaction.
- Masters of Divinity, Wesley Theological Seminary – 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Pittsburg State University – 2003