He spent three years with Jesus. He watched Jesus work, heard him teach and walked with him in Galilee. He was there on the night in which Jesus was taken to be crucified. Before this man died, he passed on the testimony of what he had seen and heard. The gospel of Mark is that testimony.
- Mar 10, 2019 – The Beginning of the Good News
- Mark 1:1-13
- Mar 17, 2019 – Sowing Seeds
- Mark 4:1-20
- Mar 24, 2019 – Bread and Water
- Mark 6:30-56
- Mar 31, 2019 – Clarity, Christ, and the Cross
- Mark 8:22-9:1
- Apr 7, 2019 – What do you want me to do for you?
- Mark 10:35-52
- Apr 14, 2019 – Broken and Poured
- Mark 14:1-11
- Palm Sunday
- Apr 21, 2019 – See and Tell
- Mark 16:1-8
- Easter Sunday
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about Palm Sunday and Jesus being anointed during Holy Week.
Why is this sermon important?
It is important because it invites to consider how we respond when we see Jesus.
What is the good news?
The good news is that Jesus is anointed for a death that leads to life.
What are the next action steps?
You are invited to consider:
- Like the crowd outside Jerusalem, when are you excited to see Jesus?
- Like the disciples, where do you question or just not understand?
- Like the woman who anoints Jesus, how do we show honor to Jesus?